'...and they have escaped the weight of darkness'

Ólafur Arnalds - Þú ert sólin
"One of the newer songs on the album, probably my personal favorite. The strings melody was originally the piano, but I thought it was better on strings so I made a new piano line. This was the perfect opener for me, something that tells a lot about what's about to happen... kind of like the opening theme in a movie."

Ólafur Arnalds - Tunglið
"Conceptually, this is where things shake up a bit. Hence the crescendo here and things exploding a bit. And the really sad ending... leading into the middle part of the album, the dark part."

Ólafur Arnalds - Endalaus I
(bonus track)



"This is where things turn around again, where the light starts coming back from the shadows and the little 'story' starts closing in to a happy ending."

On rotation

Follow their traces