"...the way the sunlight touches your hair"


"In 1995 I began touring the world industrially as a pop musician. A gleaming new cosmos of hotel accommodation opened up for me and in an instant I was seduced by the free product available in the rooms. I hoarded these objects in a rush of mild kleptomania. Every room in my house began to amass these plastic bottles and various, hotel-related things from every continent on earth (except Antarctica).
Having never kept a journal these items have become like diary entries, triggering memories of all those buildings and random people I've met and inspiring some of the songs on the album. As an act of revenge against the colonisation of our house, I vowed to build a hotel out of the items and sleep in it. The resulting 'Hotel Shampoo' creation serves as a monument to the waste that’s produced in our disposable age and to catalogue my transient existence."

Gruff Rhys

On rotation

Follow their traces